Why You Need A Trusted Sexual Assault Defence Lawyer | Erickson Law Toronto
In Canada, accusations of sexual assault are treated very seriously. If you have been accused of one, you could feel as though the world is closing in on you and that you are fighting the battle of your life by yourself.
For more than 20 years, John Erickson, a seasoned criminal defence attorney, has successfully represented countless clients accused of sexual assault offences. Erickson Law is a wise choice for people looking for a sexual assault defence attorney in Toronto due to his successful track record.
What Happens If I Am Charged?
The first thing you should do if you are accused of sexual assault is speak to a skilled sexual assault attorney. They will get to work right away gathering as much information as they can about your accuser and the evidence the police and Crown will use against you.
Following a thorough assessment of all the information at hand, your attorney will recommend the best course of action for you. In the end, the client decides how to proceed.
At Erickson Law, we collaborate closely with you to fortify your defence, collect all relevant evidence, and get you ready for trial.
Why You Should Try Contacting a Lawyer
There are several reasons why you should hire a skilled and competent criminal lawyer without delay. Here are just a few of them;
- Often, a sexual assault charge boils down to one person’s word against yours. A good lawyer is able to spot the inconsistencies and improbabilities in the accuser’s version of events.
- The lawyer works with you to determine if there are any ulterior motives for the allegation.
- Your lawyer may also be able to obtain further evidence that shows that the accuser is not reliable or credible. There are several courtroom advocacy strategies to test the complainant’s credibility.
- If you have to testify at trial, your lawyer prepares you for the cross-examination that will come your way.
- A lawyer may be able to prove that any evidence brought against you was obtained illegally, meaning that it will be excluded and not used at your trial.
- Apart from all of the above, a skilled and qualified criminal defence lawyer is able to bring a wealth of knowledge to the table that may improve your chances of an acquittal.
All criminal charges are taken seriously, but the Crown is particularly stringent with those involving sexual misconduct. If you are accused of sexual assault charges, you will need a lawyer who can provide an equally serious criminal defence, and will fight to ensure justice is served.