Your Trusted Sexual Assault Defence Lawyer | Sexual Assault Lawyer Toronto Erickson Law
Sexual assault charges in Canada are taken very seriously. If you have been charged with one, it may feel like the whole world is closing in against you and that you are alone in what is about to become the fight of your life.
John Erickson is a senior criminal defence lawyer who has successfully defended numerous individuals charged with sexual assault offences for more than 20 years. With his proven track record of success, Erickson Law is a prudent choice for those seeking a sexual assault defence lawyer in Toronto.
Since sexual assault is a serious offence, let’s have a look at what the effects of a potential charge can mean for you and why it’s important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible.
What Happens If I Am Charged?
If you are facing a sexual assault charge, the first step is to hire an experienced sexual assault lawyer who will immediately begin to gather as much information as possible about your accuser and the materials that the police and Crown will use to prosecute you.
Your lawyer will then carefully review all of the available material with you to advise you as to what courses of action need to be taken. Ultimately, it is the client’s choice on how to proceed.
At Erickson Law, we work closely with you to strengthen your defence, gather all the evidence that will assist you and prepare you for trial.
The Benefits of Contacting a Lawyer
There are several reasons why you should hire a skilled and competent criminal lawyer without delay. Here are just a few of them;
- Often, a sexual assault charge boils down to one person’s word against yours. A good lawyer is able to spot the inconsistencies and improbabilities in the accuser’s version of events.
- The lawyer works with you to determine if there are any ulterior motives for the allegation.
- Your lawyer may also be able to obtain further evidence that shows that the accuser is not reliable or credible. There are several courtroom advocacy strategies to test the complainant’s credibility.
- If you have to testify at trial, your lawyer prepares you for the cross-examination that will come your way.
- A lawyer may be able to prove that any evidence brought against you was obtained illegally, meaning that it will be excluded and not used at your trial.
- Apart from all of the above, a skilled and qualified criminal defence lawyer is able to bring a wealth of knowledge to the table that may improve your chances of an acquittal.
Maximize Your Chances of Winning the Case
All criminal charges are taken seriously, but the Crown is particularly stringent with those involving sexual misconduct. If you are accused of sexual assault charges, you will need a lawyer who can provide an equally serious criminal defence, and will fight to ensure justice is served.
Call (416) 363 – 3612 to speak with John Erickson if you have been charged with sexual assault.
Comments are closed.